France-IX replaces its backbone.
This change will mainly allow us:
- to have a « full » MPLS/VPLS network with homogeneous filtering rules;
- to offer 100Gbps ports;
- to have a much higher density of 10Gbps ports;
New Juniper EX9214 equipment will be installed on Telehouse2, Interxion 2 and Interxion 5 PoPs .
Force10 equipment, which were limited in terms of features (no MPLS/VPLS and L2 filtering) will be replaced by the Brocade MLX. Telecity Courbevoie, Telecity Condorcet, Interxion 1 and Iliad DC3 PoPs are concerned by this change.
The migration will occur in two steps:
- Step 1: Replacement of Brocade MLX equipment by Juniper EX9214 on Telehouse 2, Interxion 2 and Interxion 5 PoPs. Maintenance slot: 18th of July 2:00 a.m - 8:00 a.m. A disruption of 10 minutes per member is to be expected.
- Step 2: Redeployment of Brocade MLX equipment on Telecity Courbevoie, Telecity Condorcet, Interxion 1 and Iliad DC3 PoPs. Maintenance slots:
- TO BE DEFINED: for Telecity Condorcet and Interxion1 PoPs. A disruption of 10 minutes per member is to be expected;
- TO BE DEFINED: for Telecity Courbevoie and Iliad DC3 PoPs. A disruption of 10 minutes per member is to be expected.
New dark fiber footprint
A new optical dark fiber infrastructure has already been deployed over the first semester of this year. The links have been chosen to optimize signal mitigation, PMD values and the chromatic dispersion.
These new links are provided by the operators NEOTELECOMS and INTEROUTE. This new fiber circuit simplifies the migration and reduces any risk of service cuts.
DWDM architecture with MUX 40 lambdas in the core
A solution based on MUX 40 passive lambdas has been selected to interconnect the core network (the triangle Interxion 2, Interxion 5 and Telehouse 2). Capacity of 100Gbps will initially be deployed within the core. The DWDM equipment can increase the capacity of the links to 400Gbps with 10Gbps wavelengths. CubeOptics is the vendor selected by France-IX for the DWDM equipment.
Additionally, depending on the distance and on the mitigation of the links, 40 - 80km DWDM optical modules, provided by Zycko.
For more technical questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org