"We, at France-IX, plan to keep exceeding our member expectations
and play a pivotal role in developing a better Internet for all."
- 380th member milestone for Paris
- 50th member milestone for Marseille
- 22th active reseller worldwide
- 1.5 Tbps peak traffic in Paris
- Route server filtering policy implemented
- 12th PoP opening (Interxion MRS2, Marseille)
- 99.9967% service availability in Paris and 99.9979% in Marseille
- 10GE port monthly cost to go below the €1k mark and launch of a first sub-100GE offer
- Marketplace active with eleven sellers
- Interconnection Paris-Marseille voted by the board of directors
- Challenger for the Internet Exchange at the 2018 Global Carrier Awards (second place)
- Paris office expansion to welcome new employees
"Board members represent individuals or corporate seats with no ratio limit.
The most important factor for each board member is the ability to represent the diversified eco-system
of France-IX both technically and strategically with the highest level of neutrality."
"From major carriers to content networks, France-IX is helping its members to meet the ever growing demand from an online content-hungry public and to expand their capacity in line with future traffic needs without being afraid of reaching saturation point."
"A milestone of five African networks peering at France-IX Marseille has been reached, while 70% of African countries with French as a first language are potentially accessible via remote peering solutions."
"France-IX enhances the affordability and latency of the Internet traffic exchanged between its members
and thus improves the overall quality of the Internet in France."
100G STILL HIGH IN DEMAND
NEW PARIS BACKBONE INFRASTRUCTURE DEPLOYEMENT
STABLE AND STRONG, OUTPERFORMING OBJECTIVES
FILTERING POLICY VOTED BY THE COMMUNITY
FILTERING NOW AVAILABLE
FIRST GLOBAL CARRIER AWARD RECOGNIZING THE MARKETPLACE INNOVATION
"France-IX is a member-based organisation, able to sustain its operational expenses in the long run
without threatening the company solvency."
Revenues for France-IX continued to grow in 2018, however, the rate was lower than for previous years, showing a progression of slightly less than 15%, closing at €3089K while the total invoicing for the entire year was €3693K.