"We, at France-IX, plan to keep exceeding our member expectations
and play a pivotal role in developing a better Internet for all."
- 350th member milestone for Paris
- 40th member milestone for Marseille
- 19th active reseller worldwide, representing 285 virtual PoPs
- 1 Tbps peak traffic in Paris
- 10x100G ports delivered
- Third infrastructure full upgrade allowing higher density of 100Gbps ports
- Route server filtering policy voted by the members
- 99.9977% service availability in Paris and 99.9998% in Marseille
- First step towards automated provisioning of peering services
- Marketplace active with nine sellers
- Winner of the Best Internet Exchange Innovation at the 2017 Global Carrier Awards
"Board members represent individuals or corporate seats with no ratio limit.
The most important factor for each board member is the ability to represent the diversified eco-system
of France-IX both technically and strategically with the highest level of neutrality."
"From major carriers to content networks, France-IX is helping its members to meet the ever growing demand from an online content-hungry public and to expand their capacity in line with future traffic needs without being afraid of reaching saturation point."
"A milestone of five African networks peering at France-IX Marseille has been reached, while 70% of African countries with French as a first language are potentially accessible via remote peering solutions."
"France-IX enhances the affordability and latency of the Internet traffic exchanged between its members
and thus improves the overall quality of the Internet in France."
100G STILL HIGH IN DEMAND
NEW PARIS BACKBONE INFRASTRUCTURE DEPLOYEMENT
STABLE AND STRONG, OUTPERFORMING OBJECTIVES
FILTERING POLICY VOTED BY THE COMMUNITY
FILTERING NOW AVAILABLE
FIRST GLOBAL CARRIER AWARD RECOGNIZING THE MARKETPLACE INNOVATION
"France-IX is a member-based organisation, able to sustain its operational expenses in the long run
without threatening the company solvency."
Revenues for France-IX continued to grow in 2017, increasing 21% year-on-year, closing at €2693K globally, while the total invoicing for the entire year was €3253K.